Wang D., Xiong Y., Zhang B., Zhang Y.-F., Rosen D. and Ge Q.,“Design framework for mechanically tunable soft, biomaterial composites enhanced by modified horseshoe lattice structures”, Soft Matter, 2020,16,1473-1484.
First published: 06 Jan 2020
In article number 2000462, David J. Collins, Ye Ai, and co‐workers demonstrate the generation of robust nanoscale force gradients from interactions between MHz acoustic waves and nanocavities, which enables massively multiplexed sub‐micron particle trapping within these nanocavities at the single‐particle level.
Taybi M., O’Rorke R., Wong H.C., Low H.Y., Han J., Collins D.J., and Ai Y., Massively multiplexed sub-micron particle patterning in acoustically driven oscillating nanocavities, Small, 2020: 2000462 Featured on the cover page and in Phys.org; EurekAlert Science News; Nano Werk; SUTD News
First published: 28 April 2020
High‐resolution, 3D printed photonic waveguide devices are fabricated using two‐photon polymerization laser lithography (see article number 2000613 by Dawn T. H. Tan and co‐workers). Suspended waveguides with arc supports and 3D spiral waveguides are demonstrated for light guiding in three dimensions. Air‐bridge waveguide couplers with a coupling loss of 1.6 dB facilitate coupling with fibers. The fabricated waveguides are demonstrated for error‐free transmission of 30 Gb s−1 nonreturn to zero (NRZ) and 56 Gb s−1 pulse amplitude modulation (PAM‐4) high‐speed data. The results highlight interesting new capabilities enabled by 3D laser lithography that transcend the limitations of conventional lithography.
H. Gao, G. F. R. Chen, P. Xing, J. W. Choi, H. Y. Low and D. T. H. Tan, “High-Resolution 3D Printed Photonic Waveguide Devices,” Adv. Opt. Mat. 18 2000613 (2020). Front cover article
First published: 21 September 2020
- Kong et al., “3D Printed Compressible Quasi-Solid-State Nickel–Iron Battery,” ACS Nano, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 9675-9686, 2020/08/25 2020. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.0c01157
- Yuan, F. Wang, B. Qi, Z. Ding, D. W. Rosen, and Q. Ge, “3D printing of multi-material composites with tunable shape memory behavior,” Materials & Design, vol. 193, p. 108785, 2020/08/01/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2020.108785
- Zhang et al., “3D-printed functional electrodes towards Zn-Air batteries,” Materials Today Energy, vol. 16, p. 100407, 2020/06/01/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtener.2020.100407
- Zhou, H. Wang, Z. Ma, J. K. W. Yang, and Y. Ai, “Acoustic Vibration-Induced Actuation of Multiple Microrotors in Microfluidics,” Advanced Materials Technologies, vol. 5, no. 9, p. 2000323, 2020/09/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/admt.202000323
- Raju, S. Kim, and D. W. Rosen, “A characterization method for mechanical properties of metal powder bed fusion parts,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 1189-1201, 2020/05/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-020-05298-7
- Luo et al., “Chemomechanics of dual-stage reprocessable thermosets,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 126, pp. 168-186, 2019/05/01/ 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2019.02.013
- Venkatesan, R. Velu, N. Vaheed, F. Raspall, T.-E. Tay, and A. Silva, “Effect of process parameters on polyamide-6 carbon fibre prepreg laminated by IR-assisted automated fibre placement,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 1275-1284, 2020/05/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-020-05230-z
- Wang et al., “Effect of temperature on the programmable helical deformation of a reconfigurable anisotropic soft actuator,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 199, pp. 169-180, 2020/08/15/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2020.04.028
- K. Jayashankar, S. S. Gupta, N. D. Sanandiya, J. D. Fernandez, and K. Tracy, “Fiber reinforced composite manufacturing for passive actuators,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 1493-1509, 2020/07/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-020-05744-6
- Jain, T. Stalin, E. Kanhere, and P. V. y. Alvarado, “Flexible Fiber Interconnects for Soft Mechatronics,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 3907-3914, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/LRA.2020.2982367
- Y. C. Choong et al., “The global rise of 3D printing during the COVID-19 pandemic,” Nature Reviews Materials, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 637-639, 2020/09/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41578-020-00234-3
- Guo et al., “High speed capacitive deionization system with flow-through electrodes,” Desalination, vol. 496, p. 114750, 2020/12/15/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2020.114750.
- Gao, G. F. R. Chen, P. Xing, J. W. Choi, H. Y. Low, and D. T. H. Tan, “High-Resolution 3D Printed Photonic Waveguide Devices,” Advanced Optical Materials, vol. 8, no. 18, p. 2000613, 2020/09/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/adom.202000613
- S. Gupta, D. K. Jayashankar, and K. Tracy, “Hygro‐Responsive Canopies: Scaled Passive Actuation with Chitosan Composites,” Technology|Architecture + Design, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 221-231, 2020/07/02 2020. https://doi.org/10.1080/24751448.2020.1804766
- Li et al., “Influence of treating parameters on thermomechanical properties of recycled epoxy-acid vitrimers,” Soft Matter, 10.1039/C9SM02220A vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1668-1677, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9SM02220A
- Zhang et al., “Influences of processing conditions on mechanical properties of recycled epoxy-anhydride vitrimers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 137, no. 41, p. 49246, 2020/11/05 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.49246
- L. Lee, D. Wang, J. Wu, Q. Ge, and H. Y. Low, “Injection Molding of Superhydrophobic Submicrometer Surface Topography on Macroscopically Curved Objects: Experimental and Simulation Studies,” ACS Applied Polymer Materials, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 1547-1558, 2019/06/14 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsapm.9b00312
- Xiong, A. G. Dharmawan, Y. Tang, S. Foong, G. S. Soh, and D. W. Rosen, “A knowledge-based process planning framework for wire arc additive manufacturing,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol. 45, p. 101135, 2020/08/01/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2020.101135
- Jiang, Y. Xiong, Z. Zhang, and D. W. Rosen, “Machine learning integrated design for additive manufacturing,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 2020/11/23 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addma.2020.101595
- M. Emami and D. W. Rosen, “Modeling of light field effect in deep vat polymerization for grayscale lithography application,” Additive Manufacturing, vol. 36, p. 101595, 2020/12/01/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10845-020-01715-6
- Hingorani, Y.-F. Zhang, B. Zhang, A. Serjouei, and Q. Ge, “Modified commercial UV curable elastomers for passive 4D printing,” International Journal of Smart and Nano Materials, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 225-236, 2019/07/03 2019. https://doi.org/10.1080/19475411.2019.1591540
- C. Tan and H. Y. Low, “Multi-materials fused filament printing with embedded highly conductive suspended structures for compressive sensing,” Additive Manufacturing, vol. 36, p. 101551, 2020/12/01/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addma.2020.101551
- Jamshidian, N. Boddeti, D. W. Rosen, and O. Weeger, “Multiscale modelling of soft lattice metamaterials: Micromechanical nonlinear buckling analysis, experimental verification, and macroscale constitutive behaviour,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 188, p. 105956, 2020/12/15/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2020.105956
- -F. Zhang and Q. Ge, “A numerical framework for the design of Joule-heating circuits to thermally activate smart materials,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 28, no. 11, p. 115026, 2019/10/08 2019. https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-665X/ab47e4
- Boddeti, Y. Tang, K. Maute, D. W. Rosen, and M. L. Dunn, “Optimal design and manufacture of variable stiffness laminated continuous fiber reinforced composites,” Scientific Reports, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 16507, 2020/10/05 2020. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-73333-4
- Ge et al., “Projection micro stereolithography based 3D printing and its applications,” International Journal of Extreme Manufacturing, vol. 2, no. 2, p. 022004, 2020/06/07 2020. https://doi.org/10.1088/2631-7990/ab8d9a
- S. Gupta et al., “Prototyping knit tensegrity shells: a design-to-fabrication workflow,” SN Applied Sciences, vol. 2, no. 6, p. 1062, 2020/05/12 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-020-2693-4
- Zhang et al., “Recycling of vitrimer blends with tunable thermomechanical properties,” RSC Advances, 10.1039/C9RA00015A vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 5431-5437, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9RA00015A
- Zhang et al., “Self-Healing Four-Dimensional Printing with an Ultraviolet Curable Double-Network Shape Memory Polymer System,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 10328-10336, 2019/03/13 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.9b00359
- Tayebi et al., “Sub-Micron Particle Trapping: Massively Multiplexed Submicron Particle Patterning in Acoustically Driven Oscillating Nanocavities (Small 17/2020),” Small, vol. 16, no. 17, p. 2070095, 2020/04/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/smll.202070095
- Tang, Y. Xiong, S.-i. Park, and D. W. Rosen, “Universal material template for heterogeneous objects with applications to additive manufacturing,” Computer-Aided Design, vol. 129, p. 102929, 2020/12/01/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2020.102929
- Yuan, F. Wang, D. W. Rosen, and Q. Ge, “Voxel design of additively manufactured digital material with customized thermomechanical properties,” Materials & Design, vol. 197, p. 109205, 2021/01/01/ 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2020.109205
- Carlos BAÑÓN, Félix RASPALL, “3D Printing Architecture”, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-8388-9
In article number 1806698, Guoying Gu, Qi Ge, and co‐workers develop a paradigm to design and manufacture fast‐response, stiffness‐tunable (FRST) soft actuators via hybrid multimaterial 3D printing. The robotic gripper with three FRST actuators demonstrates a high load capacity and shape adaptivity by lifting objects with arbitrary shapes and various weights spanning from less than 10 g to 1.5 kg.
Zhang Y.F., Zhang N., Hingorani H., Ding N., Wang D., Yuan C., Zhang B., Gu G., Ge Q., “Fast-Response, Stiffness-Tunable Soft Actuator by Hybrid Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Adv. Funct. Mater. 15/2019.
First published: 09 April 2019, https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.201970098
In article number 1807900, Xiaogang Liu, Joel K. W. Yang, and co‐workers report tunable‐resonator upconverted emission (TRUE) color printing, which displays a plasmonic color image under white light while revealing a covert upconversion luminescence appearance under near‐infrared laser excitation. A range of luminescent colors and emission enhancement are achieved through incorporating monolayer upconversion nanocrystals within the hot spots of gap‐plasmon modes. The TRUE color printing is promising for optical security.
Hailong Liu, Jiahui Xu, Hao Wang, Yejing Liu, Qifeng Ruan, Yiming Wu, Xiaogang Liu, Joel KW Yang, “Tunable Resonator‐Upconverted Emission (TRUE) Color Printing and Applications in Optical Security” Advanced Materials 31, 1807900 (2019)
First published: 09 April 2019 https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201970106
A generic process flow to guide the high‐resolution 3D printing of miniature soft pneumatic actuators is proposed in article number 1900427 by Qi Ge, Yuan‐Fang Zhang, Colin Ng and co‐workers. Integrating the prints into a robotic system enables navigation in confined areas and manipulation of small objects, thus offering potential applications in aerospace and biomedical fields.
Zhang Y.F.+, Ng C.J.+, Chen Z., Zhang W., Panjwani S., Kowsari K., Yang H.Y., Ge Q.*, “Miniature Pneumatic Actuators for Soft Robots by High‐Resolution Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Advanced Materials Technologies (Frontispieces Image), 2019, 4(10), 1900427. This paper was reported by various scientific websites such as EurekAlert.org, Market Business News, Science Daily, 3DPrint.com, and many others.
First published: 10 October 2019
Xing, D. Ma, K. J. A. Ooi, J. W. Choi, A. M. Agarwal and D. T. H. Tan, “CMOS compatible PECVD silicon carbide platform for linear and nonlinear optics,” ACS Photonics 6, 1162-1167 (2019). Cover Article
ACS Photonics 2019, 6, 5, 1162-1167, .
Publication Date: March 5, 2019
Wang, Y. V. Lim, S. Huang, M. Ding, D. Kong, Y. Pei, T. Xu, Y. Shi, X. Li, H. Y. Yang, “Enhanced Sodium Storage Kinetics by Rational Designed Volume Regulation and Surface Engineering in Hierarchical Porous FeP@C/rGO”, Nanoscale, 2020 issue.
First published: 30 Dec 2019
- Kong et al., “3D self-branched zinc-cobalt Oxide@N-doped carbon hollow nanowall arrays for high-performance asymmetric supercapacitors and oxygen electrocatalysis,,” Energy Storage Materials, vol. 23, pp. 653-663, 2019/12/01/ 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ensm.2019.03.003
- Zhou and S. Huang, “An Accurate Model for Fast Calculating the Resonant Frequency of an Irregular Solenoid,,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 2663-2673, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2019.2915514
- F. Lam, Y. Xiong, A. G. Dharmawan, S. Foong, and G. S. Soh, “Adaptive process control implementation of wire arc additive manufacturing for thin-walled components with overhang features,,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2019/12/19 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-019-04737-4
- Calais and P. Valdivia y Alvarado, “Advanced functional materials for soft robotics: tuning physicochemical properties beyond rigidity control,,” Multifunctional Materials, vol. 2, no. 4, p. 042001, 2019/12/31 2019. https://doi.org/10.1088/2399-7532/ab4f9d
- Stalin, N. K. Thanigaivel, V. S. Joseph, and P. V. Alvarado, “Automated Fiber Embedding for Tailoring Mechanical and Functional Properties of Soft Robot Components,” in 2019 2nd IEEE International Conference on Soft Robotics (RoboSoft), 2019, pp. 762-767. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOSOFT.2019.8722752
- Karyappa and M. Hashimoto, “Chocolate-based Ink Three-dimensional Printing (Ci3DP),,” Scientific Reports, vol. 9, no. 1, p. 14178, 2019/10/02 2019. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-50583-5
- Xing, D. Ma, K. J. A. Ooi, J. W. Choi, A. M. Agarwal, and D. Tan, “CMOS-Compatible PECVD Silicon Carbide Platform for Linear and Nonlinear Optics,,” ACS Photonics, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1162-1167, 2019/05/15 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsphotonics.8b01468
- Chen et al., “Constructing stress-release layer on Fe7Se8-based composite for highly stable sodium-storage,,” Nano Energy, vol. 69, p. 104389, 2020/03/01/ 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2019.104389
- Xiong et al., “Data-Driven Design Space Exploration and Exploitation for Design for Additive Manufacturing,,” Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 141, no. 10, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4043587
- F. Ituarte, N. Boddeti, V. Hassani, M. L. Dunn, and D. W. Rosen, “Design and additive manufacture of functionally graded structures based on digital materials,,” Additive Manufacturing, vol. 30, p. 100839, 2019/12/01/ 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addma.2019.100839
- Wang, Y. Xiong, B. Zhang, Y.-F. Zhang, D. Rosen, and Q. Ge, “Design framework for mechanically tunable soft biomaterial composites enhanced by modified horseshoe lattice structures,,” Soft Matter, 10.1039/C9SM02119A vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1473-1484, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9SM02119A
- Calais, T. Stalin, V. S. Joseph, and P. Valdivia y Alvarado, “DNA Nanotechnologies for the Design of Bio-Inspired Soft Nanocomposites With Reversible Rigidity,” in ASME 2019 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems, 2019, vol. ASME 2019 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems, V001T06A007. https://doi.org/10.1115/SMASIS2019-5568
- Wang et al., “Enhanced sodium storage kinetics by volume regulation and surface engineering via rationally designed hierarchical porous FeP@C/rGO,,” Nanoscale, 10.1039/C9NR09278A vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 4341-4351, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9NR09278A
- Velu, N. Vaheed, M. K. Ramachandran, and F. Raspall, “Experimental investigation of robotic 3D printing of high-performance thermoplastics (PEEK): a critical perspective to support automated fibre placement process,,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2019/12/12 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-019-04623-z
- Velu, N. M. Vaheed, C. Venkatesan, F. Raspall, and M. Krishnan, “Experimental investigation on fabrication of thermoset prepreg composites using automated fibre placement process and 3D printed substrate,,” Procedia CIRP, vol. 85, pp. 296-301, 2019/01/01/ 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2019.09.049
- Ching, Y.-C. Toh, and M. Hashimoto, “Fabrication of Complex 3D Fluidic Networks via Modularized Stereolithography,,” Advanced Engineering Materials, vol. 22, no. 3, p. 1901109, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/adem.201901109
- Ching, Y. Li, R. Karyappa, A. Ohno, Y.-C. Toh, and M. Hashimoto, “Fabrication of integrated microfluidic devices by direct ink writing (DIW) 3D printing,,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 297, p. 126609, 2019/10/15/ 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2019.05.086
- Xiong, Y. Tang, S.-I. Park, and D. W. Rosen, “Harnessing Process Variables in Additive Manufacturing for Design Using Manufacturing Elements,,” Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 142, no. 7, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4046069
- Karyappa, A. Ohno, and M. Hashimoto, “Immersion precipitation 3D printing (ip3DP),,” Materials Horizons, 10.1039/C9MH00730J vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1834-1844, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9MH00730J
- -F. Zhang et al., “Miniature Pneumatic Actuators for Soft Robots by High-Resolution Multimaterial 3D Printing,,” Advanced Materials Technologies, vol. 4, no. 10, p. 1900427, 2019. (Frontispieces Image) https://doi.org/10.1002/admt.201900427
- Boddeti, D. W. Rosen, K. Maute, and M. L. Dunn, “Multiscale optimal design and fabrication of laminated composites,,” Composite Structures, vol. 228, p. 111366, 2019/11/15/ 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.111366
- Wang et al., “Off-Axis Holography with Uniform Illumination via 3D Printed Diffractive Optical Elements,,” Advanced Optical Materials, vol. 7, no. 12, p. 1900068, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/adom.201900068
- Fangfang, Y. Chao, W. Dong, R. David William, and G. Qi, “A phase evolution based constitutive model for shape memory polymer and its application in 4D printing,,” Smart Materials and Structures, 2020. https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-665X/ab7ab0/pdf
- Xiong et al., “Process planning for adaptive contour parallel toolpath in additive manufacturing with variable bead width,,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 105, no. 10, pp. 4159-4170, 2019/12/01 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-019-03954-1
- Ding et al., “Promoting polysulfide conversion by catalytic ternary Fe3O4/carbon/graphene composites with ordered microchannels for ultrahigh-rate lithium–sulfur batteries,,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 10.1039/C9TA06489C vol. 7, no. 43, pp. 25078-25087, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9TA06489C
- Liu et al., “Structural color three-dimensional printing by shrinking photonic crystals,,” Nature Communications, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 4340, 2019/09/25 2019. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-12360-w
- Kong et al., “Surface modification of Na2Ti3O7 nanofibre arrays using N-doped graphene quantum dots as advanced anodes for sodium-ion batteries with ultra-stable and high-rate capability,,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 10.1039/C9TA01641D vol. 7, no. 20, pp. 12751-12762, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9TA01641D
- Yamagishi, A. Nojiri, E. Iwase, and M. Hashimoto, “Syringe-Injectable, Self-Expandable, and Ultraconformable Magnetic Ultrathin Films,,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 11, no. 44, pp. 41770-41779, 2019/11/06 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.9b17567
- W. Rosen, “Thoughts on Design for Intelligent Manufacturing,,” Engineering, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 609-614, 2019/08/01/ 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eng.2019.07.011
- Omkar, W. Yu, and S. Y. Huang, “T-Shaped Patterned Microstrip Line for Noninvasive Continuous Glucose Sensing,,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 942-944, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2018.2861565
- Liu et al., “Tunable Resonator-Upconverted Emission (TRUE) Color Printing and Applications in Optical Security,,” Advanced Materials, vol. 31, no. 15, p. 1807900, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201807900
- Daqiqeh Rezaei et al., “Tunable, Cost-Effective, and Scalable Structural Colors for Sensing and Consumer Products,,” Advanced Optical Materials, vol. 7, no. 20, p. 1900735, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/adom.201900735
- Yuan et al., “Ultrafast Three-Dimensional Printing of Optically Smooth Microlens Arrays by Oscillation-Assisted Digital Light Processing,,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 11, no. 43, pp. 40662-40668, 2019/10/30 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.9b14692
- Motovilova, S. Sandeep, M. Hashimoto, and S. Y. Huang, “Water-Tunable Highly Sub-Wavelength Spiral Resonator for Magnetic Field Enhancement of MRI Coils at 1.5 T,,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 90304-90315, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2927359
Kowsari K., Akbari S., Wang D., Fang N.X., Ge Q.*, “High-Efficiency, High-Resolution Multimaterial Fabrication for Digital Light Processing Based Three-Dimensional Printing”, 3D Printing + Additive Manufacturing (Outside Front Cover), 2018 5, 3, 185-193. http://doi.org/10.1089/3dp.2018.0004
Published in Volume: 5 Issue 3: September 13, 2018
Zhang B., Li S., Hingorani H., Serjouei A., Larush L., Pawar A.A., Goh W.H., Sakhaei A.H., Hashimoto M., Kowsari K., Magdassi S., and Ge Q., “Highly Stretchable Hydrogels for UV Curing Based High-Resolution Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2018, 6, 3246-3253,
- Wang, Y.; Kong, D.; Huang, S.; et al. J. Mater. Chem. A, 6 (2018) 10813.
- Kong, D.; Wang, Y.; Von Lim, et al. Nano Energy 49, (2018) 460. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2018.04.051
- Z. X. Huang, G. J. Sim, J. C. Tan, H. Y. Low, H. Y. Yang, Energy Technol. 2018, 6, 1715.
- Lim, Y. V.; Huang, S.; Zhang, Y.; et al. Energy Storage Materials 15 (2018) 98-107.
- Wang D., Li L., Serjouei A., Dong L., Weeger O., Gu G.*, Ge Q.*, “Controllable helical deformations on printed anisotropic composite soft actuators”, Applied Physics Letters, 2018, 112, 181905.
- WH Goh and M Hashimoto, Dual Sacrificial Molding: Fabricating 3D Microchannels with Overhang and Helical Features, Micromachines, 2018, 9, 10, 523
- J.C.Tan and H.Y.Low, “Embedded Electrical Tracks in 3D Printed Objects by Fused Filament Fabrication of Highly Conductive Composite,” Additive Manufacturing, 2018, 23, 294-302
- Saeed Akbari S., Sakhaei A.H., Kowsari K., Yang B., Serjouei A., Zhang Y.F., Ge Q., “Enhanced Multimaterial 4D Printing with Active Hinges”, Smart Materials and Structures, 2018, 27, 065027, http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-665X/aabe63.
- Park, S.I., Watanabe, N., Rosen, D.W. (2018) “Estimating Failure of Material Extrusion Lattice Structures Based on Deposition Modeling and a Cohesive Zone Model,” Materials and Design, Vol. 147, pp. 122-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2018.03.034
- WH Goh and M Hashimoto, Fabrication of 3D Microfluidic Channels and In-Channel Features Using 3D Printed, Water-Soluble Sacrificial Mold, Macromol. Mater. Eng., 2018, 303, 3, 1700484
- Zhang Y.F., Zhang N., Hingorani H., Ding N., Wang D., Yuan C., Zhang B., Gu G., Ge Q., “Fast-Response, Stiffness-Tunable Soft Actuator by Hybrid Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Advanced Functional Materials. 10.1002/adfm.201806698
- O. Weeger, S.-K. Yeung, M. L. Dunn: Fully isogeometric modeling and analysis of nonlinear 3D beams with spatially varying geometric and material parameters. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 342, 95–115 (2018), DOI 10.1016/j.cma.2018.07.033
- Kowsari K., Akbari S., Wang D., Fang N.X., Ge Q.*, “High-Efficiency, High-Resolution Multimaterial Fabrication for Digital Light Processing Based Three-Dimensional Printing”, 3D Printing + Additive Manufacturing (Outside Front Cover), 2018 5, 3, 185-193.
- Zhang B., Li S., Hingorani H., Serjouei A., Larush L., Pawar A.A., Goh W.H., Sakhaei A.H., Hashimoto M., Kowsari K., Magdassi S., and Ge Q., “Highly Stretchable Hydrogels for UV Curing Based High-Resolution Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2018, 6, 3246-3253, https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2018/tb/c8tb00673c#!divAbstract.
- Lim K. et al. Holographic Colour Prints for Enhanced Optical Security by Combined Phase and Amplitude Control, Nature Communications, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-07808-4 (2018).
- Park, S-I., Rosen, D.W. (2018) “Homogenization of Mechanical Properties for Material Extrusion Periodic Lattice Structures Considering Joint Stiffening Effects,” ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 140, No. 11, paper 111414. DOI: 10.1115/1.4040704.
- J. Wu, W.L.Lee and H.Y.Low, “Nanostructured Free-form Objects via a Synergy of 3D Printing and Thermal Nanoimprinting”, Global Challenges, 2018, 1800083.
- O. Weeger, A. H. Sakhaei, Y. Y. Tan, Y. H. Quek, T. L. Lee, S.-K. Yeung, S. Kaijima, M. L. Dunn: Nonlinear multi-scale modelling, simulation and validation of 3D knitted textiles. Applied Composite Materials, 25(4), 797-810 (2018), DOI 10.1007/s10443-018-9702-4
- Kowsari K., Zhang B., Panjawani S., Chen Z., Hingorani H., Akbari S., Fang N.X., Ge Q., “Photopolymer Formulation for Maximum Resolution and Surface Quality of Microarchitectures Fabricated Using High-Resolution Digital Light Processing-Based 3D Printing”, Additive Manufacturing, 2018, 24, 627-638.
- T. D. Dinh, O. Weeger, S. Kaijima, S.-K. Yeung: Prediction of mechanical properties of knitted fabrics under tensile and shear loading: mesoscale analysis using unit cells and its validation. Composites Part B: Engineering, 148, 81–92 (2018), DOI 10.1016/j.compositesb.2018.04.052
- Wu, Y., Wang, Z., Zhao, X. & Tan, M. C. Size and surface effects on chemically-induced joining of Ag conductive inks. CrystEngComm 20, 6300-6309, (2018). DOI: 10.1039/C8CE01191E
- Wang S. et al. Sub-10-nm suspended nano-web formation by direct laser writing, Nano Future, 2 (2), 025006 (2018).
- Dong W. et al. Wide Bandgap Phase Change Material Tuned Visible Photonics, Advanced Functional Materials, 2018, 1806181.
- Akbari S., Sakhaei A.H., Panjwani S., Kowsari K., Serjourei A., Ge Q., “Multimaterial 3D Printed Soft Actuators Powered by Shape Memory Alloy Wires”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical,
- Naresh D. Sanandiya, Yadunund Vijay, Marina Dimopoulou, Stylianos Dritsas & Javier G. Fernandez, “Large-scale additive manufacturing with bioinspired cellulosic materials”, Scientific Reports volume 8, Article number: 8642 (2018)
- Dritsas, S. and Soh, G.S. (2018) Building Robotics Design for Construction Design considerations and principles for mobile systems, Journal of Construction Robotics, Springer Nature Switzerland AG. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41693-018-0010-1
- Vijay, Y., Sanadiya, G.N., Dritsas, S. and Fernandez, J. (2018) Control of Process Settings for Large-Scale Additive Manufacturing with Sustainable Natural Composites, International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Design for Manufacturing and the Life Cycle, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Quebec, Canada. https://doi.org/10.1115/DETC2018-85994
- Dritsas, S., Halim, E.P.S., Vijay, Y., Sanandya, G.N. and Fernandez, G. J. (2018) Digital Fabrication with Natural Composites, Journal of Construction Robotics, Springer Nature Switzerland AG. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41693-018-0011-0
- D. T. Guangwei, B. Shi, Y. Zheng and S. Yeung, Self-Calibrating Polarising Radiometric Calibration, 2018 IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Salt Lake City, UT, 2018, pp. 2831-2839. doi: 10.1109/CVPR.2018.00299″
- Mo, Zhipeng & Shi, Boxin & Lu, Feng & Yeung, Sai-Kit & Matsushita, Yasuyuki. (2018). Uncalibrated Photometric Stereo Under Natural Illumination. 10.1109/CVPR.2018.00310.
- Lin WY, Wang F, Cheng MM, Yeung SK, Torr PH, Do MN, Lu J., 2017, “CODE: Coherence Based Decision Boundaries for Feature Correspondence”, IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell. 2017 Jan 16. doi: 10.1109/TPAMI.2017.2652468.
- Xuequan Lu , ShihaoWu, Honghua Chen, Sai-Kit Yeung , Wenzhi Chen, Matthias Zwicker, 2017, “GMM-inspired Locally Optimal Projection for Feature-preserving Point Set Filtering”, In IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG ). doi: 10.1109/TVCG.2017.2725948.
- Dinesh K. Patel, Amir Hosein Sakhaei, Michael Layani, Biao Zhang, Qi Ge and Shlomo Magdassi, 2017, “Highly Stretchable and UV Curable Elastomers for Digital Light Processing Based 3D Printing”, Advanced Materials, Volume 29, Issue 15, April 18. doi: 10.1002/adma.201606000
- O. Weeger, B. Narayanan, L. De Lorenzis, J. Kiendl, M.L. Dunn, 2017, “An Isogeometric collocation method for frictionless contact of Cosserat rods.”, In Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 321, 361–382 (2017), doi: 10.1016/j.cma.2017.04.014
- Duc Thanh Nguyen, Binh-Son Hua, Lap-Fai Yu, Sai-Kit Yeung, 2017, “A Robust 3D-2D Interactive Tool for Scene Segmentation and Annotation”, In IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG).
- Noah Duncan, Lap-Fai Yu, Sai-Kit Yeung, and Demetri Terzopou-los, 2017, “Approximate Dissections.”, ACM Trans. Graph.36, 6, Article 182, November 2017. https://doi.org/10.1145/3130800.3130831
- Fei-Hu Du, Yizhou Ni, Ye Wang, Dong Wang, Qi Ge, Shuo Chen, and Hui Ying Yang, 2017, “Green Fabrication of Silkworm Cocoon-like Silicon-Based Composite for High-Performance Li-Ion Batteries”, ACS Nano 2017 11 (9), 8628-8635. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b03830.
- D.Kong, C.Cheng, Y.Wang, Z.Huang, B.Liu, Y.VonLim, Q.Ge, H.Y.Yang, 2017 “Fe3O4 quantum dot decorated MoS2 nanosheet arrays on graphite paper as free-standing sodium-ion battery anodes”, J.Mater.Chem.A.,5, 9122-9131. DOI: 10.1039/C7TA01172E
- Xiaohan Chen, Audelia Gumarus Dharmawan, Shaohui Foong, Gim Song Soh, 2017, “Seam tracking of large pipe structures for an agile robotic welding system mounted on scaffold structures.” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 2017, ISSN 0736-5845, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rcim.2017.09.018.
- V. Subramaniam, P. Valdivia y Alvarado, and G. Weymouth, 2017, “Sensing on Robots Inspired by Nature”, Biomimetic Microsensors Inspired by Marine Life., pp: 77-110, Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47500-4_4
- HASHIMOTO, M.; GOH, W., 2017, “Fabrication of 3D microfluidic channels using 3D-printed, water soluble sacrificial mold” In Proceedings of the Optofluidics 2017, 25–28 July 2017; Singapore; doi:10.3390/optofluidics2017-04238
- J. Bian, W. Lin, Y. Matsushita, S. Yeung, T. Nguyen and M. Cheng, 2017, “GMS: Grid-Based Motion Statistics for Fast, Ultra-Robust Feature Correspondence,” 2017 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, pp. 2828-2837. doi:10.1109/CVPR.2017.302
- Yuan, C., Ding, Z., Wang, T., Dunn, M.L., and Qi, H.J., 2017, “Shape Forming by Thermal Expansion Mismatch and Shape Memory Locking in Polymer/Elastomer Laminates,” Smart Materials and Structures , Vol. 26, Paper No. 105027, doi: 10.1088/1361-665X/aa8241.
- Yuan, C., Wang, T.J., Dunn, M.L., Qi, H.J., 2017, “3D Printed Active Origami with Complicated Folding Patterns,” International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology , Vol. 4, pp. 281-289. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40684-017-0034-x
- Ding, Z., Yuan, C., Qi, H. J., and Dunn, M. L., 2017, “Direct 4D Printing via Active Composite Materials,” Science Advances, Vol. 3, Paper No. e1602890. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1602890
- Mu, Q., Dunn, C. K., Wang, L., Dunn, M. L., Qi, H. J., and Wang, T., 2017, “Thermal Cure Effects on Electromechanical Properties of Conductive Wires by Direct Ink Write for 4D Printing and Soft Machines” Smart Materials and Structures, Vol. 26, Paper No. 045008, doi: 10.1088/1361-665X/aa5cca.
- Weeger, O., Yeung, S. K., and Dunn, M. L., 2017, “Isogeometric Collocation Methods for Cosserat Rods and Rod Structures,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 316:100-122 · May 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.cma.2016.05.009.
- V. Subramaniam, P. Valdivia y Alvarado, and G. Weymouth, 2017, “Sensing on Robots Inspired by Nature”. Biomimetic Microsensors Inspired by Marine Life., pp: 77-110, Springer, 2017
- Trisno, J.; Lu, L.; Dong, Z.; Ho, J. F.; Zhang, Y. W.; Yang, J. K. W., 2017, “Large-Aperture and Grain-Boundary Engineering through Template-Assisted Metal Dewetting for Resonances in the Short Wave Infrared.” ACS Photonics 2017.
- Y Wu, L-D Liao, H-C Pan, L He, C-T Lin, MC Tan, 2017, “Fabrication and Interfacial Characteristics of Surface Modified Ag Nanoparticle Based Conductive Composites”, RSC Advances, 7:29702 .
- Tan, R. and Dritsas, S., 2016, Clay Robotics: Tool Making and Sculpting of Clay with a Six-Axis Robot. In the proceedings of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia.
- Zhang, Y. Wang, J. Yang, W. Shi, H. Y. Yang, W. Huang, X. C. Dong, 2016 “‘MoS2 coated hollow carbon spheres for anodes of lithium ion batteries”, 2D Materials, Volume 3, Number 2.
- Wang, B. Chen, D. H. Seo, J. I. Wong, Z. J. Han, K. Ostrikov, H. Zhang, H. Y. Yang, 2016 “MoS2-coated vertical graphene nanosheets for high-performance rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and hydrogen production”, NPG Asia Materials 8, e268; doi:10.1038/am.2016.44.
- Liu, D. Kong, J. Zhang, Y. Wang, T. Chen. C. Cheng and H. Y. Yang, 2016, “3D hierarchical Co3O4@Co3S4 nanoarrays as cathode materials for asymmetric pseudocapacitor” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, Issue 9, doi: 10.1039/C5TA09344A
- Weeger, O., Yeung, S.-K., and Dunn, M. L., 2016, “Isogeometric Collocation Methods for Cosserat Rods and Rod Structures, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Isogeometric Special Issue (2016),
- Ge, Q., Sakhaei, A. H., Lee, H., Dunn, C. K., Fang, N. X., and Dunn, M. L., 2016, “Multimaterial 4D Printing with Tailorable Shape Memory Polymers,” Nature Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 31110 (2016) doi:10.1038/srep31110.
- Weeger, U. Wever, B. Simeon, 2016 “On the use of modal derivatives for nonlinear model order reduction”,
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering(2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/nme.5267.
- Wang Y. et al., 2016, ‘Ice templated free-standing hierarchically WS2/CNT-rGO aerogel for high performance rechargeable lithium and sodium ion batteries.’ Advanced Energy Materials, DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201601057.
- Tian Feng, Lap-Fai Yu, Sai-Kit Yeung, KangKang Yin, Kun Zhou, 2016, “Crowd-driven Mid-scale Layout Design”, ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG) Vol. 35 Issue 4, DOI: 10.1145/2897824.2925894
- Sayjel Patel, KamMing Tam and Caitlin Mueller, 2016, “3DDJ: An Analytical and Generative Design System for Synthesizing High Performance Textures from 3D Scans“, Design Computing and Cognition DCC’16. J.S. Gero (ed), pp. 503-522. © Springer 2016.
- Dritsas, S., 2016, “An Advanced Parametric Modeling Library for Architectural and Engineering Design”, In S. Chien, S. Choo, M. A. Schnabel, W. Nakapan, M. J. Kim, S. Roudavski (eds.), Living Systems and Micro-Utopias: Towards Continuous Designing, The Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA), Hong Kong.
- Weeger Oliver, Kang Yue Sheng Benjamin, Yeung Sai-Kit, and Dunn Martin L, 2016, “Optimal Design and Manufacture of Active Rod Structures with Spatially Variable Materials”, 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing, Vol 3(4): 204-215. doi:10.1089/3dp.2016.0039.
- Noah Duncan, Lap-Fai Yu, Sai-Kit Yeung, 2016, “Interchangeable Seamless Components from 3D Models”, ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG) – Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH Asia 2016 TOG, Vol 35 Issue 6, Article No. 234, ACM New York, NY, USA. doi:10.1145/2980179.2982402
- Mao S, Xiong L, Jiao L, Feng T, Yeung SK., 2016, “A Novel Riemannian Metric Based on Riemannian Structure and Scaling Information for Fixed Low-Rank Matrix Completion”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Jul 26, 2016, doi:10.1109/TCYB.2016.2587825
- Wei Pan, Lujie Chen, Stylianos Dritsas, 2016, “Pick-and-place process sequencing for transformation of rasterized 3D structures”, Automation in Construction 75 (2017) 56–64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2016.12.007
- Liu, D. Z. Kong, Z. X. Huang, R. W. Mo, Y. Wang, Z. J. Han, C. W. Cheng and H. Y. Yang, 2016, “Three-dimensional hierarchical NiCo2O4 nanowire@Ni3S2 nanosheet core/shell arrays for flexible asymmetric supercapacitors”, Nanoscale, 8, 10686. doi: 10.1039/C6NR02600A
- Wang Q., Jackson J. A., Ge Q*., Hopkins J. B., Spadaccini C. M., and Fang N. X., 2016, “Lightweight Mechanical Metamaterials with Tunable Negative Thermal Expansion”, Physics Review Letters, 117, 175901. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.117.175901
- Ge Q.*, Serjouei A., Qi H. J., and Dunn M. L., 2016, “Thermomechanics of Printed Anisotropic Shape Memory Elastomeric Composites”, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 102-103, 186-199. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2016.10.005
- A Kristensen, J KW Yang, S I Bozhevolnyi, S Link, P Nordlander, N J Halas, N A Mortensen, 2016, “Plasmonic colour generation”, Nature Reviews Materials, 2, 16088. doi:10.1038/natrevmats.2016.88
- L Wang, R Jia Hong Ng, S Safari Dinachali, M Jalali, Y Yu, J KW Yang, 2016, “Large Area Plasmonic Color Palettes with Expanded Gamut Using Colloidal Self-Assembly”, ACS Photonics, 3 (4), pp 627–633. doi: 10.1021/acsphotonics.5b00725
- M Jalali, Y Yu, K Xu, R JH Ng, Z Dong, L Wang, S Safari Dinachali, M Hong, J KW Yang, 2016, “Stacking of colors in exfoliable plasmonic superlattices”, Nanoscale, 8, 18228. doi:10.1039/c6nr03466g
- Viswanathan, Vinothkumar & Jiang, Hongchuan & Hao Alvin Ng, Jun & Hoon Ng, Geok & Ke Ng, Zhan & Eng Ken Teo, Hoe & Valdivia y Alvarado, Pablo, 2016, “Adaptation of Batoid-like Propulsion to AUVs and its Performance Analysis”. 10.2316/P.2016.847-010.
- Noah Duncan, Lap-Fai Yu, Sai-Kit Yeung, Demetri Terzopoulos, 2015, “Zoomorphic Design”, ACM Transactions on Graphics, Volume 34 Issue 4, Article No. 95. doi:10.1145/2766902
- Mao, Y., Yu, K., Isakov, M. S., Wu, J., Dunn, M. L., and Qi, H. J., 2015 “Sequential Self-Folding Structures by 3D Printed Digital Shape Memory Polymers,” Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 5, Article Number: 13616. doi:10.1038/srep13616
- Maute, K., Tkachuk, A., Wu, J., Qi, H. J., Z Ding, Z., and Dunn, M. L., 2015, “Level Set Topology Optimization of Printed Active Composites,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 137, Paper No. 111402. doi:10.1115/1.4030994
- Ray J. H. Ng, Xiao Ming Goh, and Joel K. W. Yang, 2015, “All-metal nanostructured substrates as subtractive color reflectors with near-perfect absorptance”, Opt. Express 23, Vol. 23, Issue 25, pp. 32597-32605. doi:10.1364/OE.23.032597
- Yu, K. Dunn, M. L., and Qi, H. J., 2015, “Digital Manufacture of Shape Changing Components,” Extreme Mechanics Letters, Vol. 4, pp. 9-17. doi:10.1016/j.eml.2015.07.005
- Yu, K., Ritchie, A., Mao, Y., Dunn, M. L., and Qi, H. J., 2015 “Controlled Sequential Shape Changing Components by 3D Printing of Shape Memory Polymer Multimaterials,” Procedia IUTAM, Vol. 12, pp. 193-203. doi:10.1016/j.piutam.2014.12.021
- Lai CF, Yeung SK, Yan X, Fu CW, Tang CK., 2015, “3-D Navigation on Impossible Figures via Dynamically Reconfigurable Maze”, IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph. Epub 2015 Dec 10. doi: 10.1109/TVCG.2015.2507584
- Mao, Y., Ding, Z., Yuan, C., Ai, S., Isakov, M., Wu, J., Wang, T. Dunn, M. L., and Qi, H. J., 2015 “3D Printed Reversible Shape Changing Component with Stimuli Responsive Materials,” Nature Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 24761 (2016) doi:10.1038/srep24761.
- Wu, J., Yuan, C., Ding, Z., Isakov, M. S., Mao, Y., Wang, T. J., Dunn, M. L., and Qi, H. J., 2015 “Multi-shape Active Composites by 3D Printing of Digital Shape Memory Polymers,” Nature Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 24224 (2016). doi:10.1038/srep24224