HIGH-RESOLUTION POLYMER WAVEGUIDE DEVICES FABRICATED USING THREE-DIMENSIONAL MULTIPHOTON LITHOGRAPHY
Hongwei Gao, George F.R. Chen, Peng Xing, Ju Won Choi, Hong Yee Low, Dawn T.H. Tan
Three-dimensional polymer waveguide devices are fabricated using 3Dmultiphoton lithography, including photonic waveguides, Bragg gratings and ring resonators with sub-micron gap sizes. Error-free transmission of 30Gb/s non-return-to-zero data and 56Gb/s pulse amplitude modulation-4 data is demonstrated.
- 3D polymer-based optics structures were proposed and fabricated with 3D laser lithography.
- Transmission spectra indicated the light manipulation ability of our design.
- Bandgap was first obtained from 3D polymer SBG.
- Good resonance property from 3D polymer ring resonator was achieved in our report.
- High speed testing confirms the 3D waveguides’ ability to transmit error free 30Gb/s NRZ and 56Gb/s PAM4 data.
- The results show that 3D laser lithography is a promising tool for single step prototyping and creating functional polymer photonic structures.