This position provides skills in industrial design, Additive Manufacturing, and to support for research and industry projects.
The key responsibilities are:
- Provides industrial design expertise; works closely with other designers and Additive Manufacturing engineers.
- Carries out engineering analysis and design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) and engineering performance
- Provides expertise for fabrication and prototyping using commercial and/or in-house developed fabrication equipment (e.g. 3D printers)
- Assists in writing proposals for collaborative projects with industry and academic partners.
Technical skills in many of the following:
- Expertise with CAD software (e.g., Solidworks, Autocad, Netfabb, Magics…), and Design for Additive Manufacturing.
- Expertise with modelling and engineering analysis software, e.g., ANSYS, FEA, topology optimisation.
- Expertise with relevant hardware and software of commercial 3D printers (e.g., EOS, Stratasys, HP, Markforged…), 3D Scanners (e.g., GOM, Artec…), materials and component characterization (e.g., tensile tester…)
- Experience with product prototyping and development.
- This position must be resourceful, proactive and results-oriented. The position must take initiative to engage stakeholders across many research and industry projects. A positive attitude, and the ability to present and communicate well with all types of stakeholders will be essential.
Required/Desired Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience (3-5 years preferred) in engineering design and fabrication.
- Candidates with extensive experiences and relevant qualifications will be considered for senior role.
Interested applicants please send your CV to dmand[AT]sutd.edu.sg with a subject title – “Engineering Designer”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.