The successful candidate will be deeply involved in an effort to develop a cloud-based software platform that will help create digital workflows out of the program codes, design tools & software, and data that are being developed as part of the research at DManD more accessible to researchers, faculty and students.
Responsibilities/expectations will include:
- Supporting the installation/implementation and maintenance of the general, cloud-based web framework (that includes a web server, database, container management etc.)
- Expected to work independently in an interdisciplinary team, collaborate and be a pro-active team player
- Understanding, enhancing, and developing CLI/GUI for existing program codes and software tools developed by other researchers
- Support researchers in development of new computer-aided design (CAD), engineering (CAE), and manufacturing (CAM) software applications and design workflows
Required/Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computational, mechanical or manufacturing engineering, or a related field
- Familiarity with cloud computing and web development in PHP (experience with server-side programming will be favored)
- Experience in professional software and application development will be a bonus
- Experience in computer graphics, geometric modelling, and computational design, and engineering software will be an advantage (e.g., MATLAB, VTK/ParaView, Rhino, Solidworks, FEM, 3DS Max, Maya etc.).
How to apply:
Please submit your application including a CV/resume specifying your education background, work experience and technical skills, as well as expected salary and availability to dmand[AT]sutd.edu.sg with Subject “RA-Toolkit”. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.