This role will promote the capabilities of NAMIC@SUTD amongst companies in various industry sectors and trade associations in Singapore, in order to embark on R&D collaborations and technology licensing with industry partners and other collaborators. The key responsibilities include:
- Engage and identify industry partners to secure collaboration projects, as well as provide feedback on industry needs, to help SUTD advance its goals.
- Structure, review, assess and negotiate different types of contracts between SUTD and external parties, as well as facilitate the setting of project scope for the contract. This requires interactions with multiple parties within and external of SUTD, e.g. SUTD legal, technology transfer and research offices, SUTD faculty, SUTD’s funding agencies, as well as external collaborators from both public and private sectors.
- Support the administration of contracts by working with funding agencies, external collaborators and relevant SUTD offices to organise meetings and facilitate reporting, and other project implementation requirements.
- Assist SUTD faculty by providing guidance on funding structure, contract matters and IP management for their application to grants as well as in commercial contracts.
- Familiar with contract law, as well as IP management and commercialisation strategies across hardware and software.
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills; ability to convincingly communicate complex technical ideas to industry partners.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organised, and able to work independently as well as effectively in a team.
- Familiar with Singapore industry landscape in manufacturing and design; familiarity with the additive manufacturing industry and various trade associations in Singapore is an advantage.
- Experience with university-industry collaborations is desired.
Required/Desired Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated experience (3-5 years preferred) in industry development within a technology/research organisation, preferably in manufacturing and design fields. A proven track record in fostering collaborations between industry and university (or public sector research institutes) is desired.
Interested applicants please send your CV to dmand[AT]sutd.edu.sg with a subject title – “Industry Development Manager”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.