This position supports a multi-disciplinary healthcare project in design and fabrication of wearable healthcare products
The key responsibilities are:
- Design and fabricate wearable healthcare products using 3D knitting technology, collaborate with engineer to embed sensors and electronics
- Operate and oversee the industrial 3D knitting machine and related CAD software.
- Coordinate and perform preventive maintenance and repairs on machinery and equipment as required.
- Liaise with overseas technical support on issues that cannot be solved in-house.
- Source for, and order supplies and maintain proper inventory levels for the project.
Hands-on knowledge of fabrication, materials and processes, with technical skills in many of the following:
- Textile engineering and design.
- Familiarity with CAD software (e.g. Rhinoceros, SolidWorks, Fusion 360).
- Good visualization of resultant prototypes from designs in CAD software.
- Comfortable with complex mechanical component functions and repairs.
The ideal candidate for this position has to take initiative to productively engage across multiple research projects and stakeholder and add value.
This position must be resourceful, proactive and results-oriented. A positive attitude, and the ability to communicate well with all types of stakeholders will be essential.
Required/Desired Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering / Textile Design or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience (at least 2 years preferred)
Interested applicants please send your CV to dmand[AT]sutd.edu.sg with a subject title – “Development Engineer – 3D knitting”
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.