Title| End-to-end solution for Industrial Metal Additive Manufacturing: Design, Manufacturing and Quality
Speaker| Mr Santhosh Nagaraju, Senior Technical Specialist, Indo-Pacific, Hexagon-MSC Software Corporation
Date| 12 July 2022 (Tuesday)
Time| 0900 – 1700
Venue| 2.412 Digital Systems Laboratory, Singapore University of Technology & Design (SUTD)
Address | 8 Somapah Road, Singapore 487372. Getting to SUTD
Limited seats. Please register HERE.
NOTE: By registering for this event, your consent shall be granted to NAMIC @SUTD for the collection of your personal data. We only ever use and disclose your personal data to communicate with you regarding the events for informational, and not promotional, reasons. In addition, the organizer may use all photographs and videos taken during the event, keeping and distributing such materials for our events, activities and publications.
Join this workshop to gain insight on polymer and metal 3D printing, focusing on design and 3D printing process simulation. You will gain knowledge on how to design for additive manufacturing and what are some challenges in the 3D printing process, as well as gain some experience with CAE software tools. Find out more about the answers to these questions:
- Why invest in Design and 3D printing software solutions?
- How does Polymer and Metal (DMLS) 3D printing change the way parts are designed and manufactured?
- What are the advantages and limitations of 3D printing?
- How can engineering simulation help in additive manufacturing?
- What is the ROI on 3D printing software solutions? – Driving growth and saving costs
- Technical Presentation – Overview of AM
- Design for Additive manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing process simulation
- Post-processing and quality inspection
- Industrial case studies and success stories
- Software overview and demo
- Apex generative Design software
- Simufact additive manufacturing software for PBF-L
- Demo and examples
- Hands-on training
- Hands-on training on Apex GD and Simufact AM
- Pre-processing, solver, and post-processing
- Results review
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Santhosh Nagaraju leads the Materials and Manufacturing solution at Hexagon- MSC Software Corporation. He started his career at SFTC; a US-based material forming simulation company, where he held various positions like Technical Support and Business Development. He also worked in SKF Bearings – R&D team, on Forming, Heat-treatment, and rapid prototyping operations. Santhosh is currently working with MSC software as a technical specialist/BD for the Indo-Pacific region and he has done his Master’s Degree in Machine Design from RV College of Engineering. Santhosh has the credit of implementing various advanced simulation solutions at Global OEM, 3D printing service bureau and R&D Institutes. He played a crucial role in providing an end-to-end solution for additive manufacturing.
Article and Publications:
- (Additive) Manufacturing for Humanity: How 3D Printing is Saving Lives; 2022, bisinfotech.com
- Additive Manufacturing: A US$320-billion Revolution for the Shopfloor?; 2021, additivemanufacturing.asia
- End to End workflow with Hexagon’s solution for healthcare; 2021, MSC Software